Recipe of the month
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
Recipe provided by Lisa Cote. "Growing up I used to hate when my mother served this for supper but there is something about this recipe that I just love! Make the beef mixture the day before for an easy dinner night so all you have to do is stuff the cabbage and cook! I also use 10 minute instant white rice which cuts down the time. I also do not precook the cabbage leaves and they come out perfect while simmering. Hope you enjoy!"
- 2/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 8 cabbage leaves
- 1lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large wide saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and cook for 2-4 minutes or until soft. Drain.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, white rice, onion, egg, salt and pepper along with 2 tablespoons of tomato soup. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide the beef mixture between the cabbage leaves. Roll and secure them with toothpicks or string.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, place the cabbage rolls and pour the remaining tomato soup over the top. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, stiring and basting with the liquid often.
For more information, view this recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/stuffed-cabbage-rolls/
Recipe 1 to 12 of 18
- Jun 2013: Pineapple Chicken Tenders
- May 2013: Pasta Salad with Spinach & Pine Nuts
- Apr 2013: Chicken Cordon Bleu Mac & Cheese
- Mar 2013: Asiago Crusted Pork Chops
- Feb 2013: Sausage and Leek Casserole
- Jan 2013: Creamy Tomato Soup
- Dec 2012: White Christmas Mix
- Nov 2012: Pumpkin Gooey Cake
- Oct 2012: Asian Salad
- May 2012: Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Apr 2012: Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Mar 2012: Marinated Shrimp