Recipe of the month
CHICKEN AND GNOCCHI SOUP
Recipe provided by Lisa C. "This recipe is excellent in every way! So easy to make and yet very impressive! Gnocchi is usually prepared with a cream sauce so this is a great new way to cook with it. Make sure you double the recipe so you have leftovers. Oh don't forget to serve with crunchy bread!! Enjoy-"
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 pound cooked, cubed chicken breast
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package mini potato gnocchi
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cold water (optional)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, garlic, and carrots in the hot oil until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in cubed chicken and chicken broth; bring to a simmer.
- Stir gnocchi into the simmering soup and cook until they begin to float, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook until wilted, about 3 additional minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch into cold water until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture and half-and-half into simmering soup. Cook until soup thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
For more information, view this recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-and-gnocchi-soup/Detail.aspx
Recipe 1 to 12 of 17
- May 2013: Pasta Salad with Spinach & Pine Nuts
- Apr 2013: Chicken Cordon Bleu Mac & Cheese
- Mar 2013: Asiago Crusted Pork Chops
- Feb 2013: Sausage and Leek Casserole
- Jan 2013: Creamy Tomato Soup
- Dec 2012: White Christmas Mix
- Nov 2012: Pumpkin Gooey Cake
- Oct 2012: Asian Salad
- May 2012: Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Apr 2012: Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Mar 2012: Marinated Shrimp
- Feb 2012: Fruit Salad/Poppyseed